Lawn Mower Conversion
Replacing gasoline as a fuel source in commercial and residential mowers helps decrease our nation’s dependence on imported oil, and improve our air quality. Autogas has conversion kits that enable gasoline-fueled mowers to use propane, allowing users to save fuel costs and help keep the environment clean.
Propane-fueled mowers offer the following benefits:
- A viable pathway for complying with federal alternative fuel vehicle requirements for fleets.
- Simple, often on-site, refueling processes.
- Cost-effective development of on-site refueling infrastructure.
- Purchase or conversion rebates and incentives offered by federal and state organizations.
- Tax credits and exemptions on refueling costs.
- Almost 50 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and 80 percent reduction in carbon monoxide.
- Elimination of the potential for fuel theft and spillage.
Case Studies at a Glance
Companies like Greenscape Services, a full-service horticulture company based in Sarasota, Florida, have saved approximately 30% on fuel with their propane fueled mowers, creating a major price advantage further enhanced by the ease of maintenance and fuel delivery.
Eric Henson, President of Competitive Lawn Service, Inc., based in Downers Grove, Illinois, utilizes six propane-fueled mowers among a fleet of 30, and one of his 10 trucks is fueled by propane. Henson plans to have both fleets completely converted to propane within five years and estimates this conversion will save his business about $2,500 a month. This translates to payback on his investment in new and retrofitted propane products in less than two years.
Contact us to learn more about how you will benefit from switching to a propane fueled mower.